Re: Support for newer gcc/gas options

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, Thiemo Seufer wrote:

> >  It took a bit longer than I planned, sorry.  Anyway, here are two
> > functionally equivalent patches, for 2.4 and the head, that remove an ISA
> > specification if a tool supports "-march=" and "-mabi=" at the same time.
>
> FYI:
> A test for the existence of -march= should be enough, -mabi= was
> implemented earlier. OTOH, it does no harm to check both.

 Well, FWIW my port of gcc 2.95.4 supports -march= (by aliasing it to
-mcpu=, but the option is passed down to gas as is) to cooperate with
current binutils, but its support for -mabi= varies depending on the
configuration: mips64el-linux-gcc does support the option, but
mipsel-linux-gcc does not.  I suppose others may also want to have -march=
support in 2.95.4 for binutils compatibility, especially as AFAICS 2.95.4
has a huge speed advantage over later versions of gcc.

  Maciej