Re: In r4k, where does PC point to?

Hi Dominic,

    Thanks for your comment.. replies inline..

> One more try:
>
> > > A MIPS CPU does not have a register called "PC".
>  In...
> >
> > In the r4k user manual, it is mentioned that there
> is
> > a special register PC in the core CPU (other than
> the
> > HI & LO special registers).
>
> OK, by "register" I mean strictly something which is
> software-visible - like "$2" or the coprocessor-zero
> register called
> "EPC".
>
> There is no PC register in my sense, and if you've
> found a manual
> claiming that one exists, that manual is wrong -
> send me URL and
> tell me how to find this text.

Here is the link..
http://www.cag.lcs.mit.edu/raw/documents/R4400_Uman_book_Ed2.pdf

    The documentation about the PC is present in the
chapter-1 under the section "CPU Register Overview".

    Please let me know whether this manual is correct.

Thanks much,
-karthi

> --
> Dominic

=====
The expert at anything was once a beginner
             O  /      Karthikeyan.N             \
           O   |       Chennai, India.            |
    `\|||/'     \    Mobile: +919884104346       /