Re: Kernel 2.4.23 on Cobalt Qube2

Rainer Canavan wrote:

I haven't tried my Qube2 yet, since that one's already wrapped up and
ready for Karsten Merker to pick up - he's going to send it to the Tulip Expert, so those problems may go away soon, hopefully. As to kernel versions starting about 2.4.17, I've never had the tulip driver
running reliably on my Qube2, but always got at least 2.4.18 and later working properly on my nasRaq (there was some patching involved at times, if I recall correctly).

Are these patches lying around someplace by chance? I've used the patches on Paul Martin's site (which enables detection of the cobalt's "modified" tulip), as well as a patch from Karsten which fixed serial console and also enabled the tulip driver. Both of those patches don't seem to fix the tulip's issue of halting though, so either I have broken hardware, or I've done something unique in my setup that triggers the issue.

I'd like to get ahold of any patches that I haven't tried yet in an attempt to either nail the problem or isolate the cause.

btw, anyone ever gotten tulip-diag to compile on mips?

--Kumba

--
"Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." --Elrond