Re: Compressed kernels

In message <20031120210257.GA758@linux-mips.org> you wrote:

> Compressed kernels seem to be fairly high on everybody's list.  Due to
> size limits of some boatloaders and flash memory being always too small
> and too expensive I guess there would also be some interest in bzip2
> support.

Well, instead of doing this in the Linux kernel, you could also do
it in the boot loader.  U-Boot supports both gzip and bzip2 decom-
pression.

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd@denx.de
If programming was easy, they wouldn't need something as  complicated
as a human being to do it, now would they?
                       - L. Wall & R. L. Schwartz, _Programming Perl_