question regarding bss section

Hi there,

I have several questions and hope somebody could help me with the answers:
1. how to use gcc to compile the user mode program with larger stack size?
2. Inside the user mode program, I have declared some gloabal data which is being put on the bss section and I would like to know whom initialize the bss section? How big is the bss section? Under what kind of situation, the bss section data could be corrupted?
3. What's the difference to compile the program with -G 0 option? That menas I don't use the $gp register, will there be any side effect?

Thanks in advance!

Teresa