Re: module dependency files

You'd need to do a MIPS cross-compile of modutils, I guess. As an
alternative there is a perl script (depmod.pl) out there that can handle
'foreign' binaries. I haven't had cause to use it on MIPS yet, but have
used it ok PPC. I think it comes with the busybox package.

Col

                      Jan-Benedict Glaw
                      <jbglaw@lug-owl.de>          To:       linux-mips@linux-mips.org
                      Sent by:                     cc:
                      linux-mips-bounce@lin        Subject:  Re: module dependency files
                      ux-mips.org

                      10/22/03 07:57 AM

On Tue, 2003-10-21 18:15:56 -0400, David Kesselring
<dkesselr@mmc.atmel.com>
wrote in message
<Pine.GSO.4.44.0310211814340.14473-100000@ares.mmc.atmel.com>:
> That's what I did. I defined INSTALL_MOD_PATH as $(TOPDIR)/modules. The
> modules get put there but depmod fails.

depmod works on it's own architecture and I don't recall a way that
would make it work on cross-compiled modules. Maybe you should just copy
over the modules (INSTALL_MOD_PATH is a good start here) and execute
depmod on the target system...

Apart from that, insmod (instead of modprobe) should always work,
though...

MfG, JBG

   "Eine Freie Meinung in  einem Freien Kopf    | Gegen Zensur | Gegen
Krieg
   ret = do_actions((curr | FREE_SPEECH) & ~(NEW_COPYRIGHT_LAW | DRM |
TCPA));

<< Attachment removed : attxmd4r.dat >>