MIPS bootloaders

> In message <20031009110154.B17781@mvista.com> you wrote:
> >
> > Actually is YAMON code freely available?  Can someone from
> MIPS confirm
> > that and perhaps point to the downloading place?

Broadcom has a "CFE" bootloader for their chip, and the documentation implies that it was designed to be for general purpose use (e.g., arch/mips/board/... directory hierarchy); it's covered by what I'd call a BSD style license (but IANAL). I don't know if it is publically available, and its current state of support is largely tailored to the peripherals on their eval boards, but (from my limited experience) it looks like  a reasonable and pretty-well written bootloader. Typical size is 400K, but this could be decreased (or increased :-) ).

sf