RE: How to increase download speed for UART

YAMON only prints '.' feedback for
ethernet download, unless you modified it.
Download a copy of TeraTerm and use that
instead of Hyperterminal. Then you can use
the "Send File" command under File pulldown.
This gives you feedback showing how many
bytes have been transferred.

I was able to load a 6.4MB linux srec
image in 27 minutes on my Malta 4Kc board
with baud rate set to 38.4K. Using TFTP
over ethernet it takes 17 seconds. Another
alternative is to consider buying an EJTAG probe
and loading thru that. The probes will probably load
something this size within 1-4 minutes. This
is assuming you have EJTAG interface available.
But I wouldn't buy a probe just to download
code. ;-)

-earlm