From: "Guangxing Zhang" <guangxing@ict.ac.cn>
To: invictus rm <invictus_rm@hotmail.com>
CC: linux-mips@linux-mips.org <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>, angela <jhyang@ict.ac.cn>, Fuxin Zhang <fxzhang@ict.ac.cn>
Subject: Re: Re: help, question on pci communication!
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 9:41:35 +0800

Hi, invictus rm
Thank you very much for your enthusiastic help.
I think it will be BIG help to me.Thank you.
There is some thing i want to see your advise and help again.
In BCM1250 we run the mips-linux which is customer compiled by us,
and in the MCP750 there is linux too.What i want to implement is
transfering data from BCM1250 to MCP750 through PCI.And using "dmesg"
i found the following info:(In BCM1250 ,MIPS-LINUX)
Jan 1 00:00:11 (none) kernel: Determined physical RAM map:
Jan 1 00:00:11 (none) kernel: memory: 003a7000 @ 00000000 (usable)
Jan 1 00:00:11 (none) kernel: memory: 0f711000 @ 0075c000 (usable)
Jan 1 00:00:11 (none) kernel: memory: 1ffffe00 @ 80000000 (usable)
Jan 1 00:00:11 (none) kernel: memory: 0ffffe00 @ c0000000 (usable)
Jan 1 00:00:11 (none) kernel: memory: 003b5000 @ 003a7000 (reserved)
Jan 1 00:00:11 (none) kernel: 2815MB HIGHMEM available.
Jan 1 00:00:11 (none) kernel: Initial ramdisk at: 0x803a7000 (3887104 bytes)
Jan 1 00:00:11 (none) kernel: On node 0 totalpages: 851967
Jan 1 00:00:11 (none) kernel: zone(0): 131072 pages.
Jan 1 00:00:11 (none) kernel: zone(1): 0 pages.
Jan 1 00:00:11 (none) kernel: zone(2): 720895 pages.
@ Jan 1 00:00:11 (none) kernel: Kernel command line: root=/dev/ram0 rw bigphysarea=8192 pcisharesize=16
@ Jan 1 00:00:11 (none) kernel: pcisharemem allocated @ 85800000
In the above lines tagged with @ i notice that there is "bigphysarea=8192 pcisharesize=16",
I have read "kernel/include/linux/mm/bigphysarea.h" ,and known that bigphysarea can be used
to reserve some amount of physical memory at boot-time for PCI communication.A friend told me
using it is simple ,but he did not tell me kow :-)~(Of course i think he knows it from others).
And i think in my kernel module i can implement it.Without any knowledge on it ,I am swamped now.
Can you give me some info on how to do that ,such as how to use the "bigphysarea"?How the MCP750
see the "bigphysarea" in BCM1250 and access it (read it)?
I think i am so avaricious , but i really thirst for the help and advice.
Thank you again and in advance again.:-)~

======= invictus_rm@hotmail.com 2003-09-24 23:15:00 WROTE£º=======

¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡Guangxing Zhang
¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡guangxing@ict.ac.cn
¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡2003-09-25 08:43:44