Re: help, question on pci communication!

hi,

If the BCM1250 is operating in the device mode in the peripheral slot of the CPCI chassis, u need t get the enumeration of the PCI being done from MCP 750 right.
The code for MCP750 alread exists in the linux kernel ( if i remember correctly).

U can proceed in the following directions-->
(a) Get the PCI enumeration working properly on the MCP750 ( look at the ouput of lspci -vvv to decide whether resource allocation is proper or not) . The powerpc provides a fairly comprehensive PCI enumeration code( including scanning beyond the bridge).

(b) Once u are able to see ur device in the lspci output on the MCP board , u can load the driver ( ur custom driver ) to do the transfer from the BCM1250 to MCP and vice versa.

(v) Look at the few PCI based drivers about the way the data transfers is handled specially pci_alloc_* / pci_map_*/pci_resource_*.........

Hope this helps