Re: Re: Question about the tq_timer or sleep_on() !

Hi, Fuxin Zhang

======= 2003-09-16 11:22:00 WROTE:=======

>I am not sure why you send a generic kernel problem to linux/mips list.
    Oh~~~Sorry ,Sorry ,I have to say sorry sorry agian and again!
    My purpose is to port my kernel module to mips-linux and I have the
crosse-compile environment.So generally, if it (kernle module) can be ok
in my linux(nor mips),it also do not have any troubles when I port it to
the mips-linux.I have test it before.(Of course ,only with  some simple
kernle modules) .
>As to your problem, probably it is caused by some incompatible changes
>between different kernel versions. Many kernel related codes are highly
>version depended. Check the datastructs, add -Wall to compile and check
    "-Wall" exsits before and following is part of my original Makefile:
    WARN    := -W -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes
    INCLUDE := -isystem /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/include
    CFLAGS  := -O2 -DMODULE -D__KERNEL__ ${WARN} ${INCLUDE}
    CC      := gcc
    OBJS    := ${patsubst %.c, %.o, ${wildcard *.c}}
    all: ${OBJS}
>for any warnings. BTW, I don't the method you used to cleanup is safe,
>there maybe a task queued but not executed at the time you
>'rmmod',doesn't it?
Yes ,in http://www.faqs.org/docs/kernel/x1145.html#AEN1201 , it mentions the
situation as you said.And just to overcoming it ,it use the sleep_on().But as you
see, now it can not "rmmod" correctly and my linux will broke.

As a newbie to kernel module ,I am not sure why and not know how to scheduale a
function to be called on every timer interrupt or every seconds in kernle module.
Eagering your help!

        Guangxing Zhang
        guangxing@ict.ac.cn
          2003-09-16