Debug linux kernel with bdi2000 debugger?

Hi all,

I just got my hand on a bdi2000 debugger recently and try to play around with it. It does everything i want but i am trying to figure out how to debug linux kernel. The linux kernel from AMD is used on a db1500 board. I did enable debuging option -g in the makefile, load it into the target and run it. But in the minicom window i alway got the TLB exception ( on load or store or instruction fetch).

I suspect that i didn't initialize TLB table so it will cause the above error. However, what doesn't make sense to me is:

The same kernel, if i loaded using yamon through ethernet, it booted ok even i didn't initialize TLB table. Now if I loaded it by bdi2000, and run by bdi2000, it cause exception. In both methods, the hardware is initialized by yamon code. My assumption that it is the same in both case. So what is the difference? Any explanation will be appreciated. And am i correct that I need to initialize TLB before boot the kernel in bdi2000 ?

Many thanks!

Khuong

Yahoo! Mobile