Re: Linux on Indigo2 (IP28) - R10000

Quoting "mleopold@tiscali.dk" <mleopold@tiscali.dk>:

> > > Btw: I also got my hands on an Octane (IP30) with an R10000 (195 Mhz)
> -
> > > I haven't tried to install on this one, but that might be interesting
> too..
> > This one is also I/O coherent, so chances are much better than for IP28.
>
> Are you saying I might get this one working with the Debian boot-images
> that I already tried, or?

That's pretty unlikely.  I am currently working on the Octane in what little
spare time I can wrest away from work.  On the good side, the octane peripherals
seem generally the same as the Origin, so I'm finding a lot of similarities in
the hardware for console and network (IOC3 chip), for instance.  The memory map
is different though, which means that barring some kernel hacking you won't get
a kernel to boot on it from any existing boot image.  I haven't gotten to the
point of trying to make the video hardware work, although I do have a PCI
shoebox I might try a Radeon PCI card in eventually.

Feel free to join in hacking on it, you might be better at it than I am =)

Erik

--
Erik J. Green
erik@greendragon.org