RE: how to get older version instead of bleeding edge

Setup env and login ...

export CVSROOT=:pserver:cvs@ftp.linux-mips.org:/home/cvs
cvs login    # password=cvs

To get list of tags available ...

cvs history -r -T linux

Latest stable version is 2_4_21-pre3, to download ..

mkdir ./linux_2_4_21-pre3
cd ./linux_2_4_21-pre3
cvs checkout -r linux_2_4_21-pre3 linux

-earlm