MIPSPro + GCC

Hi all,

Does anyone here have an idea about what it takes to link my MIPSPro
compiled program (MIPSPro 7.4) to a gcc built library (GCC 3.2.2)?  I
will be very thankful for suggestions on how to resolve the FATAL 52
below.  I suspect this might be a compiler/linker bug, since I at no
point specify the -fini option, and I'm not attempting to build a
driver or resident module (just a regular dso). (In case anyone is
wondering, the library I'm linking against is the ITK segmentation and
registration toolkit, http://www.itk.org/.)

Thanks in advance for any help!

-Beorn

bjorns@octane:~/Surge/Segmentation/demo:$ make
        ld -o seg InputOutput.o  Levelset.o  Lumen3DSegment.o  Thrombus2DSegment.o  Thrombus3DSegment.o  Segment.o  main.o -L/usr/lib32/mips3  -L/usr/lib32  -L/lib32  -L/lib  -L/oslo/people/bjorns/src/Surge/lib  -L/oslo/people/bjorns/Surge/lib/ITK -lITKAlgorithms  -lITKBasicFilters  -lITKCommon  -lITKFEM  -lITKIO  -lITKMetaIO  -lITKNumerics  -lITKStatistics  -lVXLNumerics  -litkpng  -litkzlib -cxx -n32 -nostdlib -abi
ld32: WARNING 84 : /oslo/people/bjorns/Surge/lib/ITK/libITKAlgorithms.so is not used for resolving any symbol.
ld32: WARNING 84 : /oslo/people/bjorns/Surge/lib/ITK/libITKBasicFilters.so is not used for resolving any symbol.
ld32: WARNING 84 : /oslo/people/bjorns/Surge/lib/ITK/libITKFEM.so is not used for resolving any symbol.
ld32: WARNING 84 : /oslo/people/bjorns/Surge/lib/ITK/libITKNumerics.so is not used for resolving any symbol.
ld32: WARNING 84 : /oslo/people/bjorns/Surge/lib/ITK/libITKStatistics.so is not used for resolving any symbol.
ld32: FATAL   52 : _fini specified for -fini is not defined in the current object.
*** Error code 4 (bu21)
bjorns@octane:~/Surge/Segmentation/demo:$ ld -V
ld32: INFO    153: Version 7.4.
ld32: INFO    46 : No objects linked.
bjorns@octane:~/Surge/Segmentation/demo:$ g++ --version
g++ (GCC) 3.2.2

bjorns@octane:~/Surge/Segmentation/demo:$ CC -version
MIPSpro Compilers: Version 7.4

--
Truth is often just a widely held opinion.

--
Truth is often just a widely held opinion.