Re: DBAu1500 board flash downloading

Serguei:

Rather than building an EJTAG interface, I recommend the Raven EJTAG interface.
It plugs into your LPT port, and will plug into the EJTAG interface on your
DBAu1500 board.

The device is available through {http://www.macraigor.com}.

Linux software for this device is available at {http://www.ocdemon.com/}.

I assume that you will probably be trying to re-load YAMON onto the flash
device. I never tried re-loading YAMON, so I cannot comment about problems you
might have hear.

But here's the path that I essentially followed. I co-authored a bootloader
that can execute out of RAM, and wrote a driver for the AMD flash device.  My
bootloader uses a chunk of hacked-up YAMON code so that an SREC can be loaded
through serial, and I wrote a simple driver for AMD mirror-bit flash.

The trick was to set the CP0 configuration registers over GDB so that you can
load a bootloader into RAM, and then jump to the appropriate start address.

1. Plug in the RAVEN, turn it on.

2. Set the CP0 configuration registers through GDB so that RAM will refresh
   properly.

3. Load bootloader into uncached RAM through GDB and tell GDB to jump to
   the bootloader entry point.

4. Use the bootloader to erase flash.

5. The bootloader can also load an SREC through the serial port, and write it
   to flash. In your case, you would load YAMON.srec, and then write it to
   flash.

Good luck. Hopefully AMD support will be able to help you, too.

-Jeff

--
         Jeffrey Baitis - Associate Software Engineer

                    Evolution Robotics, Inc.
                     130 West Union Street
                       Pasadena CA 91103

 tel: 626.535.2776  |  fax: 626.535.2777  |  baitisj@evolution.com