Branch relocation fixing at Kernel-compiling with Debian-toolchain

Hello, folks

[I try to build Linux for a R4k Indigo1. I'm using as and ld of the
debian-toolchain with mips-linux-as/mips-linux-ld 2.13.90.0.18
20030121. At the moment, the kernel just compiles, but is not bootable
due to further adaption.]

As I'm not much into MIPS or gas assembler (most experience with 6502),
I would like to have some hints how to work around some kernel-compiling
errors:

When compiling the linux-mips.org kernel from the CVS-MAIN branch,
compiling stopped, as expected at the two assembler files
entry.S and scall_o32.S in linux/arch/mips/kernel/ (both recent
versions) with a BFD-RELOC_16_PCREL_S2.

The fix of combining global/local label, mentioned in
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2003-02/msg00205.htm
and other places, got me around the problem. Not every branch needed the
fix. Just one error remains:

In entry.S rev 1.49, around line 63, the branch target label
resume_kernel is defined by either a line statement
(ENTRY(resume_kernel), l.79) or a #definition from an other label (l.
52), depending on some #Config-options.

As work around I hardwired the branch label to one of them.

Any hints to adapt the fix to this problem?
Diff/Patch for the rest will be posted if requested.

[Now working on with ELF2ECOFF converting]

CU,
	Achim