Re: USB OHCI device port on Alchemy

>On Wed, 2003-05-07 at 20:31, Jeff Baitis wrote:
>> Out of curiousity:
>>
>> Has anyone played with the AU1X00 USB device port yet? If not, what would yo
>> guys suggest that the AU1X00 appear as? USB over Ethernet? Or maybe a simple
>> dummy device that will perform bulk transfers?

I'm surprised no one has mentioned all the bugs :-)

Just so you know, the function side controller (i.e. "device") on the
au1100 is/was seriously buggy.  The folks at AMD are (or were) working
on a fix.  It was possible to get it to work, but it was very painful.

I don't remember the details of the chip revs, but as I recall all of
the au1100 parts which had been released as of the end of last year had
these bugs.

[fyi: the folks at Belcarra have done a lot of work on this problem and
know it well]

The ohci controller (i.e. "host") works fine, as far as I know, for all
modes (interrupt, bulk, isochronous).

-brad