Re: Linux for MIPS Atlas 4Kc board

Hi JBG,

The MIPS box (Atlas running YAMON) has a fixed IP address assigned by me. TFTP boot works fine. But this IP is held within the boot monitor program (YAMON).

YAMON> set

baseboardserial (RO)   0000000197
bootfile        (R/W)  vmlinux.rec
bootprot        (R/W)  tftp
bootserport     (R/W)  tty0
bootserver      (R/W)  4.42.102.7
cpuconfig       (R/W)
ethaddr         (RO)   00.d0.a0.00.00.ed
fpu             (R/W)
gateway         (R/W)  12.235.80.1
ipaddr          (R/W)  4.42.102.6
memsize         (RO)   0x04000000
modetty0        (R/W)  115200,n,8,1,hw
modetty1        (R/W)  115200,n,8,1,hw
prompt          (R/W)  YAMON
start           (R/W)
startdelay      (R/W)
subnetmask      (R/W)  255.255.252.0
yamonrev        (RO)   02.04

Apart from the dynamic IP address assignment methods....
Suggest me a method to communicate this value to the RAM resident Linux kernel. Or can I assign a fixed IP addredd by passing it as a parameter when the linux kernel boots up? If so what is the syntax & please point me to the document that has this info. about passed parameter when booting the kernel.

Thanks,
-Mike.