From: "Michael Anburaj" <michaelanburaj@hotmail.com>
To: ralf@linux-mips.org, kaos@sgi.com
CC: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Re: Linux for MIPS Atlas 4Kc board -problems :(
Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 19:54:07 -0700

Hi Ralph,

More info.

For the most part it looks like its building. But source files of some of the drivers are failing. Like for instance NVRAM ( nvram.c ), some file system files & some video driver files.

A friend of mine said this. ?Do menuconfig & select the appropriate board option (for me it is MIPS Atlas 4Kc). And you don?t have to worry about all the other options (like the file systems, & device drivers) ? At least to get it to build initially?. Is that statement right? What he meant was, when you select a board the remaining things get customized automatically according to the board option. So, if I selected Atlas 4Kc board then only the drivers, file systems & other modules relevant to Atlas 4Kc would get enabled for the build to follow. Is that right?

If that?s true, then I shouldn?t face these many number of errors when building FS & device driver modules.

To work around this, each time I see an error, I do ?$ make ARCH=mips menuconfig?, go find the option corresponding to the module & disable it. So that those files never get built & then the build progresses a bit before it break again. I am yet to complete this activity (probably today after work & this weekend I will do this). Do you think it?s best way to go about this?

Thanks & Cheers,
-Mike.