Re: NCD900 port?

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003, Chip Coldwell wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Apr 2003, Kevin D. Kissell wrote:
> >
> > What PCI bridge is being used?  Galileo?
>
> Good question.  Short answer: I don't know.  I'll pry off the hood
> and take a peek at what's on the board, unless this is something that
> shares a die with the CPU.

It was easy to identify once I took off the cover.  The PCI bridge is
made by V3 Semiconductor (now a part of QuickLogic?), part number
V32OUSC-75LP (Rev. B1):

http://www.quicklogic.com/home.asp?PageID=235&sMenuID=126

Is this the one called "Galileo"?

There's also two RS-232 line drivers/receivers, MAX3185 made by Maxim
(now part of Dallas Semiconductor) and some nearby Samsung parts that
I suppose are probably UARTs (this thing has two serial ports).  I
would guess that getting something to come out on a serial console is
going to be my first step.

Digitally signed images and bootloaders that enforce them sounds
particularly nasty.  That's a show stopper for me, if it turns out to
be that way.

Chip

--
Charles  M. "Chip" Coldwell