Developing for the Agenda PDA

Hi list.

I am considering to buy an Agenda PDA.  From the kernel sources that were built for it, It appears to be running a MIPS VR4181 processor.

I took a look around and found that with some special tools and customizations from http://www.linux-vr.org/kernel.html, it appears to be possible to build a kernel for the agenda on a regular x86 box.

I am initially thinking that with the cross-compile tools and such, I should be able to build some application for the Agenda as well.  Could someone verify if this is the case?

Also, While I dont have an Agenda right now, I was wondering if there is a VR4181 emulator out there that will run on linux, similar to how vmware does.  I've seen the SPIM emulator http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~larus/spim.html.  Does this work for the vr4181 or do i need to find something else?

Thanks

| penguin365                                                                  |
| USER, n.:                                                                   |
|         The word computer professionals use when they mean "idiot".         |
|                 -- Dave Barry, "Claw Your Way to the Top"                   |