rtc_[gs]et_time()

	Hi,

Is there any specific reason why the function pointers rtc_[gs]et_time() use
seconds instead of struct rtc_time? Most RTCs store the date and time in a
format similar to struct rtc_time, so they have to convert from seconds to
struct rtc_time again. I found only 2 exceptions, namely the vr4181 RTC and the
Lasat ds1630 RTC (BTW, I found no RTC driver for vr41xx, since
vr41xx_rtc_get_time() is nowhere defined).

This makes it more complex to make drivers/char/genrtc.c work on MIPS, since
usually the date and time have to be converted twice: once from struct rtc_time
to seconds in <asm/rtc.h>, and once from seconds to struct rtc_time in each RTC
driver.

Is it OK to make rtc_[gs]et_time() always use struct rtc_time?

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

							    -- Linus Torvalds