Re: arch/mips/au1000/common/irq.c

Dan:

I just verified that I get an IRQ storm when I plug a 3.3-volt based SMC
EPIC/100 network card into the PCI slot of the Au1500. Before I bring the
interface up, I notice that the driver tries to allocate IRQ 1 (INTA). This is
the same IRQ that the ill-fated CardBus bridge attempts to use. ;)

As soon as I bring the SMC interface up using ifconfig (and have the interface
plugged into an active Ethernet network), the IRQ storm ensues.

I'll try Hartvig's patch, look over the irq.c levels, and see how everything
fares.

Thanks all!

Regards,

Jeff

--
         Jeffrey Baitis - Associate Software Engineer

                    Evolution Robotics, Inc.
                     130 West Union Street
                       Pasadena CA 91103

 tel: 626.535.2776  |  fax: 626.535.2777  |  baitisj@evolution.com