CardBus on DBAu1500

Hey Pete and others!

I'm finally working on CardBus support on the DBAu1500. Just got acquainted
with PCI today. :)

I decided that the first step is to plug in a PCI->PCI bridge, and try to see
if it would work, which it did not. After winding around inside of the kernel,
I finally arrived in arch/mips/au1000/db1x00/pci_ops.c:

Inside of config_access(unsigned char access_type, struct pci_dev *dev,
unsigned char where, u32 * data), on line 97, a little surprise:

    if (bus != 0) {
        *data = 0xffffffff;
        return -1;
    }

At this point, I concluded that I cannot traverse a PCI-PCI or CardBus bridge,
since any devices behind the bridge will require Type 1 Configuration Cycles,
and it seems that only Type 0 is currently supported.

I assume that I should add code to handle the case where I need to generate
Type 1 Configuration Cycles inside of config_access. Pete, since you authored
this code, I thought I'd quickly run this by you to make sure that I'm on
track.

Thanks for your suggestions!

-Jeff

--
         Jeffrey Baitis - Associate Software Engineer

                    Evolution Robotics, Inc.
                     130 West Union Street
                       Pasadena CA 91103

 tel: 626.535.2776  |  fax: 626.535.2777  |  baitisj@evolution.com