CVS Usage and Kernel Build

> > Where and how can I get CVS source tree to build customized
> > Linux kernel for Mips?
>
> http://www.google.com/search?q=Linux+MIPS+CVS
>
> Gr{oetje,eeting}s,
>

>From Mips web-site, I read:

cvs -d :pserver:cvs@ftp.linux-mips.org:/home/cvs login
(Only needed the first time you use anonymous CVS, the password is "cvs")
cvs -d :pserver:cvs@ftp.linux-mips.org:/home/cvs co <repository>

I have a few questions:
1. There should be a client "cvs" in my linux PC, then to use
   above command to get CVS source files INDIVIDUALLY?
2. After get everything from ftp site as above, do we use
   the similar procedure to re-build linux kernel for MIPS, such as
   make config; make dep; make vmlinux
3. Does this source tree support R3000 (CPU) and USB?
4. In order to add a new USB device driver, do I need update
   drivers/usb/Config.In and drivers/usb/Makefile manully?

Currently, I am in the initial phase for development, the Network
card is not available and Winmoden doesn't work with Linux,
so I have no ftp connection from my Linux box to get
CVS. In this case, is there any alternative to get CVS source
tree?

Thanks,

Jiahan