Re: Ramdisk image on flash.

Pete Popov wrote:

Me too. Keep in mind too that there is no "standard" zImage support in
mips right now.  I'm not sure what Dan is using for the zImage support,
I took what you had started, copied lots of stuff from the same thing
I did for PowerPC a long time ago, and actually improved on that (I think) :-).
It seems every Alchemy processor I work with has a different boot rom,
so like PowerPC this gives us the ability to also format kernel calling
conventions in addition to zImage/initrd booting and flexibility.

that but that's another patch that needs to make its way in the source
tree.
I'll get it there :-)

....  I added zImage support in the form of an arch/mips/zboot
directory and supporting files, but that never made it in linux-mips.org
because it added yet another copy of zlib (my argument was, so what, all
the other arches do it).
Yeah, I know about zlib.  I have "fixed" this more than once on PowerPC
to use the kernel zlib, but it still hasn't stuck in the source tree :-)
I'll try to get it right when I do a MIPS patch.

Thanks.

	-- Dan