Re: Ramdisk image on flash.

On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 12:37:32PM -0800, Jun Sun wrote:
> 1) create kernel ELF as normal
> 2) outside the kernel, create .o file that is ramfs root
> 3) outside the kernel, we use a separate tool/program that combines
>    1) and 2) into a new ELF file.  The entry point of the new ELF file
>    would append ramfs parameters (such as "initrd=xxxx") to the args
>    and then jump to kernel_entry.
This is basically what we do for IP22 in debian. We embed kernel and
initrd together with a small loader into one ELF executable. The prom
tftboots and starts the loader. The loader then moves the kernel to it's
loadaddres, puts the initrd to an appropriate address and jumps into
the kernel passing all the necessary args.
 -- Guido