Re: Endianity problems in XFree86-4.2 XAA on MIPSEB

Guido Guenther wrote:
On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 05:28:38PM +0000, Alexandr Andreev wrote:

We have a MipsEB machine and a video card which has a 2D BitBLT engine.
It would help a lot if you'd tell us what card you're using. Some of the
drivers are more endian clean then others.
We have got our own card and our own driver, but it looks like this problem
is driver independant, because patterns are maked up in different ways for BE.

Did you have a look at the XAA.HOWTO at:
 xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/xaa
especially the
  BIT_ORDER_IN_BYTE_MSBFIRST
  BIT_ORDER_IN_BYTE_LSBFIRST
flags?
 --Guido
Yes, but these flags specify bit ordering, not byte. And these flags work fine for
MipsEB.