Re: which kernel tree for Au1500?

Pete Popov wrote:

....The PM support ... I haven't tested it in
linux-mips.org but it need a little work anyway.
It needs more than a little work :-)  I have lots of changes that
attempt to support sleep mode on the Au1xxxx.  Everything from
saving/restoring core state, to sdram self refresh, to driver
modifications for PM functions.  I've done this in the sourceforge
kernel and will update the linux-mips tree as I have time.  Some
of the patches will likely require some debate, as they touch software
outside of the core Au1xxx functions.

In addition to the kernel modifications, you need a boot rom that
will support the kernel.  It has to detect a wakeup condition, bring
the memory back the life, perform some processor initialization, and
then return to the kernel.  Basically, copy what Yamon does.  ;-)

If someone is seriously working on this, drop me a note and we can
exchange information.

Thanks.

	-- Dan