debian installer on mips64 (origin 200)

Hi all,

I've got Debian running smoothly on an Origin 200 :)

I've also got it booting off a CD, by putting a dvh partition table,
containing an xfs partition with a kernel on it.  Unfortunately,
I couldn't get dvhtool to put sash on it.  (It complained the volume
header was too small, which it wasn't)
I had to use the sash off the hard disk.

Anyway, in principle, I should be able write a shell script to
create the above image, and add an isofs partition containing the debian
mips install cd.  Just, I bet it can't deal with sash / the prom
properly - it's probably dependent on arcboot.  Also, it would need
different kernel packages.

So, I guess an arcboot port would be the nicest solution?

Perhaps a better approach is to get the kernel to prompt users to
change disks, and stick in the vanilla debian CD?  i.e. have a
"mips64-bootstrap.img" CD image, which prompts for install-1 afterwards.

Cheers,
Andrew

PS: I don't speak for SGI