How to get the c source code in disassembly?

Hi,

I am having a problem with intermixing the C source
code in the disassembly. I am using a MIPS
crosscompiler on Redhat 7.1, gcc-3.0.4,
binutils-2.11.2. When I compiled the C code, I added
the -g option, and then use 'objdump -Sd' to get the
disassembly. However, I did not see any C code mixed
with the assembly, as said in the objdump manual when
using -S option. Could you give me some help or
suggestions?

Thanks a lot!

Long