Re: linux-mips fbdev

Hello !
Thank you so much for your response !! :-)

> Yes, you always have to use the graphics accelerator.

Ok

> By using the tricks also used in vga256fb (cfr.
> http://www.kyuzz.org/antirez/vga256fb.html), you can emulate a normal
linear
> frame buffer and use the Indy's graphics accelerator to update the screen.
> But it will be slow.

This link is really interesting, thanks !

> An alternative is to use mmap() tricks to find out what's updated in the
fake
> linear frame buffer, and update the screen afterwards.
>
> Or program the Indy graphics accelerator directly from user space :-)

Hmm, may be that would be the best I have to do for now, at least in order
to get familiarized with the "Indy graphics accelerator" you're talking
about...
Any pointers ?? All I could find about it was kernel code fragments found in
the linux mips source, that crashed my indy
when trying to play with pixels in user mode..
But, maybe you're not implied a lot in Indy graphics, and I'm sorry if I
bother  you to much with my problems !!

> Gr{oetje,eeting}s,
>
> Geert

Thank you !