Re: PATCH

On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 02:51:14PM -0800, Pete Popov wrote:

> One of the problems with these graphics cards is that they are end of
> life before you finish writing the driver. I still have a few RageXL
> cards in the office, but you can't even buy them in the store anymore.

Yeah, that's why emulation might turn out to be easier in the long run.

This emulator:

http://www.scitechsoft.com/products/developer/x86_emulator.html

claims to be the one in XFree86 these days. Another emulation project
is bochs. It doesn't really matter if the performance isn't great
since the BIOS doesn't run for very long. But I think I'll have to dig
around a bit to figure out how well this works in practice.

-- greg