.reginfo and .mdebug section

Hi,

I have some problems after building a linux-mips cross
compiler on Red Hat7.1.

1. I tried to compile some c code targetting mips4k,
which is 32-bit ISA. However, the map file tells me
that the compiled code are 64-bit, since the address
are 64-bit.

2. When I compiled the c code, I found in the mapfile
that there are some sections called .reginfo and
.mdebug. What are those sections? I would like to get
rid of them. However, they still exists even if I
deleted the '-g' option for gcc. Is there a way I can
avoid the .reginfo and .mdebug sections?

Thanks a lot!

Long