Re: Latest sources from CVS.

On Fri, 6 Dec 2002, Thiemo Seufer wrote:

> Er, well, for some values of 'fine'. In principle, 64 bit code shouldn't
> be disguised in O32 objects. OTOH i must admit it's a bit early to use
> binutils N32 for this purpose.

 Which wouldn't work either as it implies 32-bit pointers, while gcc still
emits 64-bit assembly.  If we want to preserve the setup cleanly, we
probably need yet another ABI model in gcc (especially in the face of the
coming changes to get rid of assembly macros), with sign-extended 32-bit
pointers for accessing program segments and 64-bit ones for the remaining
addresses.