Re: possible Malta 4Kc cache problem ...

> > I think that Carsten's patch (or equivalent) should certainly be
> > applied to the main tree, but I wonder how relevant it is here.
> > The flushes associated with trampolines don't do indexed
> > flush operations, do they?
>
> True, but are we sure that it's the trampoline that's the problem here?

Jun Sun seemed to think it was. To quote his original message

"The problem involves emulating a "lw" instruction in cp1 branch delay
 slot, which needs to  set up trampoline in user stack.  The net effect
 looks as if the icache line or dcache line is not flushed properly."

I don't know what his actual observations were that lead to that
conclusion, but the resemblence to what was reported under LTP
with the pre-break_cow()-patch kernel intrigues me.

So, I repeat...