RE: [RFC] FPU context switch

I've got some evidence.

We use both OpenBSD and Linux on our hardware.  Using apps that use
the FPU, we see a _significant_ performance difference.  The problem
appears to be that OpenBSD always save/restores, where Linux doesn't.

The difference is _very_ noticable.  On the order of 10-20% for
FPU-heavy applications.

Matt

--
Matthew D. Dharm                            Senior Software Designer
Momentum Computer Inc.                      1815 Aston Ave.  Suite 107