ide-dma bug

If I use the ide-dma.c from the current cvs (2.4 branch) then I get an
error from
ext2 when it tries to mount the root filesystem along the lines of

ext2_check_page: bad entry in directory #2

By applying the attached patch I can continue (it reverses part of the
change
from the yesterday to today), i.e. I can boot the system. I may have time
at some point to look at this problem, but it should not be isolated to
mips(el)
as far as I can see, so some experts are probably working at it as I write.

/Brian