Re: PATCH: linux_2_4: add support for the Ocelot-G board

On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 04:00:51PM -0700, Matthew Dharm wrote:

> The attached two patches and small tar archive (I can't figure out how
> to make CVS do the equivalent of a diff -N) add support to the 2.4
> branch for the Ocelot-G board (RM7000 processor with GT-64240 bridge).

You can only do that without kludging if you have write permission to a
cvs archive.  As a workaround you can try something like:

echo "/xxx/0/dummy timestamp//Tlinux_2_4" >> CVS/Entries

which will add the file xxx to the branch linux_2_4.  You probably want
to script this ...

Or simply have to checked out copies of the same cvs tree around, apply
your diffs to one and run diff -urN.

Choose your kludge / poison.

> I've gone ahead and created an linux/arch/mips/momenco directory, as
> we've got another board almost ready to add to the repository (the
> Ocelot-C and -CS), and we've got concrete plans to port to our
> RM9000x2 board (Jaguar), which has at least a couple of varieties.  I
> figured getting all this organized under one directory would be wise.

Systems should preferably be organized by technical similarity not by
manufacturer.  I'd guess a RM9000x2 chipset won't be similar to whatever
is used by the Ocelot, will it?

> Presuming this gets accepted, there are a few more patches in this
> series... some updates to the MTD probing address for these boards, as
> well as a new ethernet driver for the GT-64240 on-board ethernet.
>
> Ralf, please apply these to the CVS repository.

  Ralf