Re: Mips cross toolchain

On Tue, 2002-08-20 at 09:29, Joe George wrote:
> I don't know of anyone using big endian with Alchemy at this point.
> There may be some and I'd like to hear from them.

> The OSS tree is actually not that far out of date now.  I have been
> submitting patches and the basics work now (at least on my board).

Where those patches created from the sourceforge tree or you created
them independently?  I would hate to see the two ports diverge.

> I am currently working on the 36-bit support.

I already sent Ralf a patch for the 36bit support.  He told me the patch
looks fine but it doesn't seem like he's had time to merge it in.  The
code is in sourceforge.net

> The 36-bit support only
> works for little endian currently afaics.  I'm working to solve the endian
> problems now.

Again, I've done some work for big endian support and pushed it out in
sourceforge.net because I have write access there.  Most drivers work
just fine in BE mode.  The exception right now is the epson 1356/1386
video controller.  There might be some others but I don't remember.
Certainly all the SOC peripherals work fine.

> Check out the howto at http://www.linux-mips.org/.  There are 3 of
> us doing Alchemy work who hang out on the #mipslinux irc channel
> on irc.openprojects.net you're welcome to join us.

If you're submitting patches in oss, please take the latest work in
sourceforge.net first to sync up the two.  First, you might save
yourself some work. Second, it will keep the two ports from diverging.

Pete