Re: mips32_flush_cache routine corrupts CP0_STATUS with gcc-2.96

On Fri, 12 Jul 2002, Gleb O. Raiko wrote:
> instruction. CPU knows the stalled instruction is in I-cache, but,
> unfortunately, caches have been swapped already. The same cacheline in
> the D-cache was valid bit set. CPU get data instead of code.

I'm glad this cache swapping mess is not necessary for mips32 chips. I imagine
that when the caches are swapped the instruction fetch will examine the D-cache
so it will not 'know' the instruction is in the I-cache. If the address is
present in both caches then the content should be the same. If the cache
routines have some self-modifying code then this really is asking for trouble.

     Jon