Re: Gcc v2.96 versus Trolltech QtEmbedded Window System

Many thanks to all of you who replied with suggestions.
I was able to repeat the experiment on a system with
essentially the same configuration as my own, except
with 256MB of memory instead of 32M.  The compilation
that took 20 hours to get to 90MB if virtual size completed
in something like 5 minutes, with the last sampled virtual
footprint being 94MB.  Now all I've gotta do is to squeeze
the resulting build tree across an ISDN line back to my
own system to install, but even if that comes out to
hundreds of megabytes, it'll be faster than a local build.  ;-)

            Regards,

            Kevin K.