Re: Patch for NEC VR5000 support (part 1 of several for lasat boardsupport)

Ralf Baechle wrote:

 >On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 09:29:29PM +0200, Brian Murphy wrote:
 >
 >>I have attached a patch which applies to the 2.4 branch and adds
 >>support for the NEC VR5000. This would be a first step in
 >>adding support for the Lasat architectures.
 >>
 >>A comment from someone with cvs commit access would be nice
 >>this time.
 >>

 >As NEC's VR5000 is a plain normal R5000 why are you duplicating the
 >processor support with slight variations?
 >
 >  Ralf

I believe the problem is in the (lack of) secondary cache support when
the R5000 target is selected in the standard kernel. I thought that
making a seperate VR5000 cpu was then a safer option leaving the R5000
as it is and presumably working on the platforms it is used on. I have
no possibility of testing on those platforms to ensure any integration
is successful.

/Brian