Re: [patch] linux: DBE/IBE handling rewrite

On Wed, 26 Jun 2002, Jun Sun wrote:

> I suggest we have a function pointer called board_bus_error_init, which is
> initialized to a NULL function.  Any board that wishes to override it can do
> so in <board>_setup() routine.

 I thought about it (even started coding, but postponed the task), but I
didn't want to complicate things at the first approach.  Especially as
multiple-system support doesn't exist now and bits were already done this
way.  Feel free to improve the code -- I will look at it again when I am
writing a handler for DECstations, but I can't state exactly when, yet.

> With more amd more MIPS boards poping up, the more friendly board interface is
> the better.

 I was thinking of the system identification problem today morning and I
believe I know how to detect a DECstation reliably.