Re: [LTP] Re: LTP testing

The setgroup03 test also fails:
setgroups03    1  FAIL  :  setgroups() fails, Size is > NGROUPS, errno=1, expected errno=22

Is this a kernel failure or a LTP failure ?

The kernel do the following check in sys_setgroups:
     if (!capable(CAP_SETGID))
          return -EPERM;
     if ((unsigned) gidsetsize > NGROUPS)
          return -EINVAL;

If I changes the kernel, so it does the size check first, then the test passes.
But one could also changes the LTP, so it makes sure that one is super user when making the size check test.

So my question is, should this be fixed in the kernel or in LTP ?
/Carsten