Re: Debugging using GDB and gdbserver

On Sat, Jun 15, 2002 at 01:01:24PM -0700, Justin Wojdacki wrote:

> How does GDB work under MIPS Linux? I'm trying to do a bring-up of an
> embedded device, and it looks like the kernel is missing the code
> needed to handle software breakpoints. Are there patches that need to
> be applied to the kernel?

No.  If you use a current GDB (I recommend 5.2 or CVS) it should work
just fine, if you are using a recent kernel (you didn't mention what
version you were looking at).

--
Daniel Jacobowitz                           Debian GNU/Linux Developer
MontaVista Software                         Carnegie Mellon University