Re: Kernel - arch support(mips)

linux-mips@oss.sgi.com:

Domcan Sami <domca_psg@email.com> wrote:
> I am trying to compile a program using a MIPS-LINUX cross compiler
> (gcc). I've set up a connection between my i386 Linux machine and a
> MIPS(RM7000) processor. This is again connected to a WinNT Terminal
> where there should be an output from the MIPS processor.
>
> I have 2 kernels in my Linux machine under the directories:
> 1) /usr/src/linux - kernel version 2.2.14
> 2) /root/kernels/linux - kernel version 2.4.14
>
> I am using a boot image generated from the older kernel for booting.
> The problem is the older kernel doesn't support MIPS architecture.
> What should I do to upgrade my kernel so that it supports MIPS
> architecture & that I'll be able to cross-compile my programs
> properly.

Please provide more information:

1.  What is your target platform -- e.g. make of model of the board or
    computer that has the RM7000 processor on/in it?

2.  Does the target support Linux, does it have a ROM monitor, or is it
    a raw embedded target (e.g. requires crt0)?

David Christensen
dpchrist@holgerdanske.com