Re: [Fwd: Current state of MIPS16 support?]

In message <20020606055918.A13788@disaster.basement.lan>, Phil Edwards writes:
 > > >  > I signed the assignment/waiver.  The companies involved are
 > > >  > Algorithmics Ltd and DFS3 Ltd.  It was faxed to Jim Wilson (then at
 > > >  > Cygnus) in October 1993 in the form recommended at that time.  Here's
 > > >  > a PDF.  Note the 'company stationery' has changed since 1993...
 > > >
 > > > What's important here is the assignment that is on file with the FSF.  T
 > hat's
 > > > what needs to be checked.
 > >
 > > Are you in a position to do that?  If not, who is?
 > >
 > > --
 > > Dominic Sweetman,
 > > Algorithmics Ltd
 >
 > Here's what's on file:
 >
 >     BINUTILS    Algorithmics Ltd.   1997-08-20
 >     Assigns changes.
 >
 >     GCC Algorithmics Ltd.   1997-08-20
 >     Assigns changes.
 >
 >     GDB Algorithmics Ltd.   1997-08-20
 >     Assigns changes.
 >
 > There's also a disclaimer for changes to Emacs, if that matters here.  :-)
Thanks.  This likely means that we're better off getting a new assignment --
this kind of language "Assigns changes" typically means an assignment for a
specific set of changes.  If the scope of the changes increased over time,
then the new changes would not be covered by the old assignment.

I'd be much more comfortable if Algorithmics would sign a past & future
assignment for binutils, gcc & gdb.

jeff