Re: [Fwd: Current state of MIPS16 support?]

Joe Buck (Joe.Buck@synopsys.com) writes:

> Dominic wrote:
> > > We do publish our sources on our web server.  Not only are they
> > > GPL but we have a copyright assignment to the FSF in place
> > > (which I know was sent to Jim Wilson of Cygnus, albeit in
> > > 1993...)
>
> Eric Christopher wrote:
> > It's great that your changes do get out in one form or
> > another. I'm personally uncertain as to the nature of copyright
> > and how it would affect if I looked at your code and put it into
> > the mainline sources - so I haven't :)
>
> Whose name and what company name would be on the copyright assignment?
> We can check with the FSF list to see if it's on file.  Meanwhile it
> should not go in.

I signed the assignment/waiver.  The companies involved are
Algorithmics Ltd and DFS3 Ltd.  It was faxed to Jim Wilson (then at
Cygnus) in October 1993 in the form recommended at that time.  Here's
a PDF.  Note the 'company stationery' has changed since 1993...

Let me know if you need a contemporary form.

--
Dominic Sweetman
Algorithmics Ltd